PHYSIO-PORT are small size, portable (long-term) blood pressure monitors for non-invasive measurement of the patient’s blood pressure. The blood pressure is measured using the oscillometric method, optionally in the inflation or deflation phase using a blood pressure cuff on the upper arm.
The variant PHYSIO-PORT AS can additionally perform a pulse wave analysis. During an additional holding phase after the blood pressure measurement the central blood pressure and the pulse wave velocity can be determined in a non-invasive way.
If the approved blood pressure cuffs fit the patient, the PHYSIO-PORT can be used on adults, children and infants, to support the physician during his diagnosis of pathological blood pressure. The variant AS is intended for patients from 12 years of age, to support the physician during his diagnosis of pathological vascular alteration.
Measurements should be conducted at rest and not during excessive physical activity. The devices are not suitable for blood pressure measurements in neonates and patients with arrhythmias or acute peripheral occlusion. Also, they are not suitable for use in intensive-care medicine. The devices are intended for use following consultation and instruction by professional medical personnel like physicians, nurses or medical assistant.
Electively, the variant PHYSIO-PORT AS (Arterial Stiffness) can conduct a pulse wave analysis following a non-invasive blood pressure measurement.
If elected, the pulse wave analysis is performed right after one of the two blood pressure measurement methods. For this, the measured mean arterial pressure level (MAD) is set in the cuff and the pulses in the cuff are recorded for a fixed period of time (see Figure).
Disturbances are removed from the recorded pulses. From the usable pulses, the pulse that is located centrally at the heart is reconstructed non-invasively to determine the central blood pressure and the pulse wave velocity.
Both parameters can be used by the physician to estimate the patient-specific state of the vessels.
Figure: Waveform representing the pressure in the cuff during a measurement using the inflation measurement method with subsequent pulse wave analysis
- Oscillometric blood pressure measurement at the upper arm
- Selectable measurement method employing conventional measurement during deflation or innovative during inflation (IMT)
- Reliable artifact suppression
- Combination of PHYSIO-PORT and PWA-Modul
- Optional PWA function
- Full range of cuff sizes available
- Powered by only two NiMH or Alkaline batteries
- USB port for PC connection with GDT interface for communication with office management software
- Complete and meaningful report thanks plug and play with PhysioPortWin
- According to the requirements of dabl Educational Trust (ESH2010)
- Meets the requirements of the British Hypertension Society (BHS)